[mythtv-users] DVB re-scan and XMLTV EPG?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 14:01:28 UTC 2015

Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> In the UK The HD channels are usually the exact same content as the SD channels, but *not always*. Unless you know this to be true in your location, you should always consider them to be distinct.

Just as an aside :
http://gonedigital.net/2015/01/22/with-this-extra-hour-of-kids-tv-youre-spoiling-us/

Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I meant to say earlier that it would be nice if the callsign matching
> used some fuzzy logic so that small differences between the scan and
> the grabber are handled.

I think that would be a disaster for many - how "fuzzy" is "fuzzy"? I think that there is too much scope for false positives. Either it's going to be too fuzzy and mangles stuff it shouldn't, or it's not fuzzy enough and misses some.

There is perhaps scope for a standard utility that allows the user to provide a localised list of adjustments ?