[mythtv-users] Sporadic pauses

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 20:16:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a Zotac ZBox-ID84 front end running minimyth ver. 0.25.2-81, with
the back-end running Myth ver. 0.25-2.  They are connected via Cat5
ethernet with a 1 GB router in the mix.  It has run well for several
years now and has a decent WAF score.

The problem is that the client will infrequently and unpredictably go
silent and black screen for anywhere between 2 and 20 seconds, and then
resume playing normally.  Sometimes, it will do it only once, other
times it will do it several times within a minute.  When I look at the
logs (client syslog, server syslog and server mythtv logs) there is
nothing unusual.  If I rerun the recording at the point where the
playback problem occurred, it plays fine -- on a different client and
even on the Zotac.

I'm stumped.  Any and all suggestions welcome.

Joe Henley