[mythtv-users] HDMI on Liva ECS

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 19:04:00 UTC 2015

Hoi Hika,

> Hoi Jerry,

> Sunday, January 25, 2015, 7:35:39 PM, you wrote:

>> I got my Liva mostly setup today.  It works fine if I have my TV connected
>> directly to the Liva.  If I connect it through my AV receiver however, the
>> Liva doesn't use the HDMI out.  In fact, it looks like it turns it off
>> completely (receiver can usually display info about the input signal, but
>> not in this case).

>> While it's booting, I see the ECS logo, but as soon as it gets out of the
>> BIOS boot, the screen blanks and the TV detects no signal.  I have nothing
>> connected to the VGA port.  The computer is running fine, I can ssh into it.

>> I set it up as a frontend only, using defaulted mythbuntu install.  It's
>> been a loong time since I fooled around with X, and I'm not sure what the
>> next step is to try to force it to use the HDMI output when there's no
>> xorg.conf.

>> Anyone else run into this?

>> -Jerry

> You  can  set  these  things  with arandr/xrandr. On my desktop my two
> screens  flip  all  the time on waking from suspend, so I use a script
> like:

> #!/bin/sh
> xrandr --output DVI-I-0 --mode 1600x1200 --pos 1280x0 --rotate normal --primary \
>        --output VGA-0 --mode 1280x1024 --pos 0x24 --rotate normal \
>        --output DVI-I-1 --off \
>        --output HDMI-0 --off

> to  set  it  right.  You  can  create such a script interactively with
> arandr. It will save it in ~/.screenlayout.

> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

You  might also have to set something like below as boot parameters on
your videodriver:

modeset=1 video=HDMI-0:e

Where  e  stands  for enable and d for disable. For the naming of your
ports you have to look in dmesg. They differ a bit for every card.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop