[mythtv-users] Time Warner encrypting everything. HDHR Prime with CableCard unable to record anything.

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 16:25:30 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Dave Badia <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to understand... if I have an hdhr prime with firmware 20150113
> connected to a TWC tuning adapter,  I can or cannot record Copy-Once or
> Copy-Never content?

You can record such content only on systems that implement
protected path protections.  Which means Microsoft WMC.

You cannot record such content on systems that do not, and
can not, enforce those protections.  Which include MythTV.

Note that copy-never content, while it can be recorded, has
a limited lifetime (90 minutes, as I recall), after which it
expires and is deleted.  Copy-never is typically used only
for PPV or VOD content.