[mythtv-users] Mythtv gentoo question

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sat Jan 24 03:04:44 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 9:27 PM, david brooke <david2012brooke at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just completed a gentoo install with Mythtv. After running Mythtv
> overnight I noticed that the memory usage increased from 350M to over 1G.
> What can I do to limit the memory usage? I will post my info over on Gentoo
> forums and add that url here.

I'd be interested in whether that is typical behavior on other
distros.  I see that my virtual size for mythbacked is up to about
4.7G, but resident size is only 200M or so (and I've patched my
mythbackend to use larger buffers - that isn't in the Gentoo package).
I'm not sure what causes the virtual memory use, but since the kernel
oversubscribes that I don't think it should hurt anything unless it
gets REALLY bad.

--
Rich