[mythtv-users] Scheduling fails with uk dvb t/dvb s combo

Darren daz6_1978 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 18:11:37 UTC 2015

I'm having a problem with my setup and I'm hoping someone can help.
I have had a dual tuner nova td 500 dvb card scheduling well alongside my TeVii 660 dvb s card. I decided to rescan in August but within an hour the upcoming recordings list complete disappeared. The epg for both terrestrial and satellite was populated though. I deleted the dvb s card and scheduling worked again. When I tried again the scheduling failed again so I deleted everything dvb-s related again.
A month later I tried again and it magically worked again. However when I recently bought a dvb t2 card and rescanned all inputs and agai. If the dvb t/dvb t2 cards inputs are connected the scheduling works but when dvb s input/source are connected the epg fills and within an hour the scheduling fails again.
Also I've noticed some satellite channels get the wrong epg I.e Kiss TV getting the schedule for ITV instead. Live tv still works on all channels as expected and deleting the channels with the wrong epg data doesn't get the scheduler working again.
I've tried truncating the eit_cache and program tabled using mysql but this makes no difference.
Should I submit a bug report or is this only something that affects me? Has anyone any other ideas?
Thank you