[mythtv-users] Audio noise

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Jan 23 16:25:23 UTC 2015

Watched some recordings last evening with the new power supply in the
system. There is some odd noise that is most prevalent while watching
recordings. While still present, it's less noticeable with live TV. I
tuned in a golf tournament so there would be segments of quiet program,
and I could hear the light buzzing. With the front end closed I listened
to some music with Movie Player. I didn't hear the noise.

In addition, there is a fairly quiet noise associated with clicking the
buttons on the remote. There is also a similar quiet noise when using
the mouse and mouse buttons. Sometimes the noise is there when dragging
the mouse across the screen. The mouse issues occur when the front end
is shut down. I imagine they would be there with the mouse in use, too,
but since the mouse isn't used with the front end, I didn't notice.

It doesn't make sense to me that a program could cause the problem, but
I'll ask anyway: is there anything in MythTV that could be involved in
creating this noise?

My assumption is that when I put in the new power supply one of the
cables is now somewhere it wasn't before. I'll open it up again this
afternoon and see if I can reroute things.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens