[mythtv-users] Mythtv frontend on asus chromebook

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Jan 23 15:11:06 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:18:07PM +0000, Tony Gould wrote:
> hi, I've just bought an asus chromebook, Asus C300MA 13.3-inch
> Chromebook (Intel Celeron N2830 2.42GHz, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage,
> WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Google Chrome) <https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K7YAT1O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>,
> and I've installed ubuntu 12.04 via crouton (see, e.g., http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343).
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to whether a mythtv frontend might
> work ok? I'm only recording SD on my backend, and I have a frontend

    I've got one of the recent ASUS chrome boxes and it seems to have
enough horsepower. There is an installer app provided by Intel that
makes updating the GPU driver pretty easy. VAAPI seems to work well in
other apps. Although I haven't tested a current version mythtv.

    It's running Ubuntu 14.04.

    SD-only really makes things a lot easier.

[deletia]