[mythtv-users] Airplay: video not working

Swanseasurfing swanseasurfing at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:01:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'd like to use Airplay for playing videos from my iPhone5 (iOS 7) on my
Mythfrontend (Mythbuntu 14.04, MythTV 0.27).

Airplay is working fine for music and pictures. When I activate Airplay on
the iPhone and select a video than the first frame is shown on the
frontend. But when I press the play-Button on the iPhone than the
connection brakes ("client disconnected" and "client connected" messages
keep on appearing on the mythfrontend screen.  Sometimes an errorcode -5
(cannot play stream) is reported via On-Screen-Display. Sometimes the video
is shown, but it is stuttering.

I already had a look at the network, but I did'nt find any problem.

It would be great to get an idea how to solve the peoblem.

Kind Regards
  Jens