[mythtv-users] UPnP/DLNA recordings timezone problem

James Paul james at mauibay.net
Wed Jan 21 08:26:11 UTC 2015

Aloha,

I'm using MythTV 0.27, looking at the list of recordings in the frontend, XBMC and MythWeb all show the recording times properly. I am in timezone UTC -10 and the backend is running on OpenSuse 13.1 with the OS timezone set to Pacific/Honolulu (UTC -10), and everything else running on the system represents time/date correctly.

However, viewing recordings on my Playstation 3 via UPnP lists the recording times in UTC, that is, they are 10 hours in the future. For example, a show recorded at 7pm on Tuesday displays on the PS3 with a recording time of 5am Wednesday. So sorting by date has all the primetime shows under the folder for day after they were recorded, which confuses most of the family. This seems to only happen with UPnP clients.

What should I be looking for to make the recording times display correctly to UPnP clients?

Mahalo!