[mythtv-users] find_orphans and error?

Mike Holden mikeholden99+mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:39:53 UTC 2015

On 21 January 2015 at 04:11, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> mysql> select * from settings where value='BackendServerPort';
> +-------------------+------+----------+
> | value             | data | hostname |
> +-------------------+------+----------+
> | BackendServerPort | 6543 | mypvr    |
> | BackendServerPort | 6543 | mypvr    |
> +-------------------+------+----------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> That looks a bit strange as there are two identical rows in the table
> - I have no idea why my database would have that.

It may be that the value has some non-printing or whitespace in it from
some weird config in the past?

Try this:

SELECT CONCAT(':' , hostname, ':') FROM settings where
value='BackendServerPort';

This will place a colon immediately before and after the value, so you can
spot if there's any additional characters in there.