[mythtv-users] Sleep mythfrontend from remote

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jan 20 18:40:31 UTC 2015

On Jan 20, 2015, at 12:16 PM, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote:

> Im not sure if linux 'sleep' command has a max value, but you could simply do 'config = sleep 1800' for 30mins (60sec * 30min = 1800sec), that would do it.

Also helpful for the script you're going to have to write is a line like:

	mythutil --bcastaddr 0.0.0.0 --notification --message_text "30 minutes" --timeout 10 --type check

to put up a brief notification that the sleeper script has seen the request and what the current sleep time is. I forget the units for the timeout parameter, just experiment.

- George