[mythtv-users] Tuner Error

glen glenb at glenb.us
Tue Jan 20 18:16:04 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Daryl McDonald
<darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2015 12:38 PM, "Eric Sharkey" <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Daryl McDonald
> <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> <darylangela at gmail.com>

> system, all
> ID, I used an
> and still
> restarting

> than the
> probably
> > >
> > > Thanks for the quick response Glen, sounded great and easy to do,
> but no
> > > luck, I created the new input connection, rescanned, and filled
> in the
> > > XMLID's, restarted the FE and still the error status. Any other
> ideas?
> >
> > I think he meant create a new tuner, not a new input connection.
> >
> > Eric
>
> I did create a new tuner, and a new input connection and did a rescan
> and set max recordings to 4 (2&2) and I remain stumped

this is a dual hdhr using either over the air or clear qam.... i
assume. how are you naming the channel numbers are they unique to
whatever else you have named. maybe try deleting the new things you
added and start over. in the scan it asks you for channel numbers or
accept suggested. use unique channel numbers and then add xmltvids and
get some listings data to the channels and it should tune. if not maybe
some kind of firewall issue on the network tuner.