[mythtv-users] Meridian region, Freeview + Freesat channel lineup sort

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 17 21:06:06 UTC 2015

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 19:20:59 -0000, paul <thannet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I came back and tried Mythupchuk as it seems ideal for what I want.
> However on my Mythbuntu install when I run it I get the following error.
>
> sudo ./mythupchuk --fileupdate chukchannels
> ERROR: '/mythtv/channels' is not a writable directory to put icons in
>
> Not sure where it is trying to write this? as there is no directory by
> that name? Or am I supposed to create one?
>
> Paul

Default behaviour is to download channel icons. For some reason,
mythupchuk's default icon location is set to /mythtv/channels, which isn't
valid.

You can simply turn that off by using --nogeticons. Or override it using
"--icondir /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels", which is the correct location
since 0.27 and should already exist.

"mythupchuk -h" explains all these options.