[mythtv-users] Time Warner encrypting everything. HDHR Prime with CableCard unable to record anything.

Lee Maisel maisel at lobo.net
Thu Jan 15 22:51:10 UTC 2015

LIke I said.  Time for a Class Action suit against these media
providers.   You are paying to view the content they provide, and you
should be able to watch it however you want.

This same nonsense was hashed out years ago with the music industry, and
worked in favor of the consumer (you can now listen to your purchased
music on ANY of your devices.  It was not always that way)

> ...not just MythTV users. This impacts anyone that might be interested
> in a 3rd party PVR box. This gives effective monopolies to Microsoft
> and Tivo. Along with Tivo's patents, anyone with a "garage" operation
> trying to market a new and better product has an uphill climb.

---