[mythtv-users] failed recordings

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 16:46:43 UTC 2015

Hoi Daryl,

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 2:00 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi Daryl,
>

>  Thursday, January 15, 2015, 5:56:38 AM, you wrote:
>
 >> Greetings Mythizens, I'm getting some failed recordings over the
 >> last few days, seems like during heavy use. Here is a paste bin of my backend log:
>
 >> http://paste.ubuntu.com/9753819/
>
 >> I see errors, but don't know how to interpret them, any suggestions?
>
 >> TIA  Daryl
>

> I see several different errors:
>
>      E CoreContext storagegroup.cpp:763 (CheckAllStorageGroupDirs)
> SG(DB Backups): Group 'DB Backups' wants to use directory
> '/media/storage/Dropbox/', but this directory is not writeable.
>  - Your backup to dropbox needs proper rights!
>
>  - The rest is in part because an expected recording can't be found
>
>  - database errors about record insertion. Could be the above
>
>  - signal strength errors, but they seem mainly to do with 'Invalid
>    Argument'
>
>  - And I think the critical one:
>    E DVBRead recorders/dvbstreamhandler.cpp:615 (Open)
> PIDInfo(/dev/dvb/adapterHP1250/frontend0): Failed to open demux
> device /dev/dvb/adapterHP1250/demux0 for filter on pid 0x0
>
>    It seems your recorder is not responding
>
>  Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>

> Hoi Hika, thanks for the observations, I chmod'd 766 my "/media/storage/Dropbox

> also I opened my PC gently pushed the HP1250 (it seemed to have
> come a tiny bit loose) and set test recordings, test successful!
> We'll see next Tue and Wed (heavy schedule times) much obliged.

Just parse the log for the lines marked E(rror) and W(arning) and
ignore the I(nformation) and N(otice)? lines.
(cat <logfile> | grep "]: E " and cat <logfile> | grep "]: W " )
include the spaces between he "".
And anything to do with missing files will be secondary.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop