[mythtv-users] Time Warner encrypting everything. HDHR Prime with CableCard unable to record anything.

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Wed Jan 14 19:00:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 01:40:50PM -0500, Kris Jensen wrote:
> I was also looking in to a satellite system as well. (dish, direct tv,
> etc..)  however, I am not sure how they mark stuff ATM.

I have Dish Network with a vip-211k receiver.  I change channels with an
IR blaster and record via the s-video port.  There are also composite
and component video ports, but I haven't used them.  My understanding is
that with any of these analog video ports, they can't mark anything.
But I'm not an expert.

-Rob