[mythtv-users] MythTV User Status ??

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:53:37 UTC 2015

Hoi jim,

> On 01/12/2015 01:04 PM, Jim wrote:
>> On 1/12/2015 11:49 AM, jim wrote:
>>> I can't seem to find a mount point when MythTV is
>>> running. It's not under /media/user as it is on my other linux mint
>>> system (without MythTV).
>>
>> Once mounted you should be able to use the "mount" command to see all
>> mounts.
>>
> Check this on your system and see if you get the same result. It's
> confusing to me.
> When the MythTV FE is NOT running and a DVD is inserted, the result of
> running the command "mount", and the info in /etc/mtab, show a new
> mount, e.g /dev/sr0 /media/username/DVD-title, etc.
> When the MythTV FE  is running and a DVD is inserted there is no change
> to the results from the "mount" command, or, of course, the info in
> /etc/mtab. (or it's a quick and transient change)
> The DVD is playable via MythTV, and ejects just fine, I just can't find
> the mount point. For a few seconds, as the DVD spins up, I see on the
> desktop a standard DVD icon with DVD title below, but it disappears
> quickly when the FE is running, and stays if the FE isn't running. This
> may be by design and for a good reason, just confusing to a newbie.

I don't know how the frontend handles things, but if the mountpoint is
'owned' by another user you might not see it.
The two reactions you see is first the default behaviour of your
windowmanager/desktop and than mythfrontend stepping in to do it it's
own different way.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven