[mythtv-users] Netflix integration

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sun Jan 11 22:24:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 01:56:50AM -0800, Chad Parry wrote:
> I've integrated Netflix streaming (and Amazon Instant Video) into my
> MythTV frontend. It's a great experience now that Netflix is supported
> in native Chrome browsers. The scripts and instructions are in the wiki

I noted with interest when native Netflix via Chrome became available
but haven't had a chance to try it out. I was wondering if it's possible
to get dolby digital sound bitstreamed to an external receiver when
using Chrome under Linux? My mythtv is currently configured to bitstream
DD, DTS, etc, which works great. I have a Netflix client built in to my
TV that works ok, the UI hasn't been updated in years and it doesn't
support profiles (stupid Sharp abandoning firmware updates after only a
year or so), but it does bitstream DD from Netflix.

It would be a tough decision, better UI vs better sound, if there's no
way to get a DD5.1 surround sound stream to your receiver via Chrome.

Thanks...