[mythtv-users] [RESOLVED] MythFrontend only suspend mode options...

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 09:46:58 UTC 2015

Okay, I got it...  I was able to write a program that will monitor CPU Usage...  I have the program tweaked so much that if you even move the cursor around it creates enough CPU load for my program to detect and reset the suspend timer.  I'm still working on tapping into X Windows to monitor events (Keyboard/Mouse) as this would work for me, but may not work with users using LIRC.  However, moving the cursor around in MythTV causes CPU Load (a small as it might be) in order to draw the new graphics and highlight the new item, etc.  Background Music Play works perfectly, The MP3 Decoder uses a small amount of processor power but enough to make my program notice the change in CPU Load.

The only modification I had to make was the permissions to /sys/power/state to allow the user account to write the state to that file to change the system's power state.  I tried sudo echo standby > /sys/power/state and even though echo is running as root it still will not allow me to write to the state file??  I also had to echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup to enable USB2 (Where the Keyboard IR Reciever is connected) to trigger the wake up of the machine when I pressed a button on the TV Controller.  I added this to startup in rc.local (Slackware 13.1).

72 Lines of C++ code, not to bad....

The code is a little sloppy but I'll dress it up a little.  I just wanted to play with the idea, and it worked out well.

-RayRay-