[mythtv-users] Database upgrade from 23.1 to current

Nathan mythtv-users at lanchbury.id.au
Sat Jan 10 23:43:11 UTC 2015

Howdy guys, got an interesting one, I’ve been running MythTV since 2005 and well, I hate breaking things and work on the motto, “if it ain’t broken don’t fix it”.  But I think that motto can only work with computers for a certain amount of time. So I think my Fedora 12, Myth version 23.1 machine has seen its day.  So therefore I’m wanting to upgrade to a nice shiny new virtual mythubuntu machine on a new ESXi server I have built.

The problem is my mythconverg database is so old I’m a bit confused as to how to bring it up to speed?  I had one thought of installing all the mythbuntu releases and past the database up through them all, somewhat easy to do with my virtual environment, but I’m sure there is an easier way.  Do you know of how?  And yes I'm change my host name through this process too.

Otherwise I imagine I can simply copy my storage group data to the new system, is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thank you very much for your time in reading this, and appreciation for your reply if you are able to help.

Nathan