[mythtv-users] Recent occasional tearing with GT 430 Advanced 2x?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:23:08 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 3:17 PM, John Marshall <mythtv at marshallparty.org> wrote:
> On 1/8/2015 2:04 PM, Kevin Ross wrote:
>>
>> On 1/8/2015 2:51 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>>
>>> I need an express PCI low profile (small form factor) card.  I don't
>>> need fanless.  Is the GT 730 or there abouts a pretty good option
>>> these days for VSPAU and Advanced 2X?
>>

>> Absolutely.  That's what I use, very happy with it.  Low profile, only
>> uses a single slot, and the fan is pretty quiet.
>

> There are fanless GT730s, too.  I have a fanless GT630v2, which I think is
> basically the same thing according to the specs.  It works great. Note that
> there are both 64 and 128-bit memory width versions.  The 64-bit ones have
> more CUDA cores.

Thanks for all the advice!  I actually just ordered this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487052&cm_re=gt_730_low-_-14-487-052-_-Product

I've always found the fan to be plenty quiet enough, and after having
my current one start overheating even with a fan, I'm not sure I want
to get any riskier ;).

Tom