[mythtv-users] Long jump from 0.21 to 0.27.4 , mostly OK except audio !!

Sholla holla.net at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:49:34 UTC 2015

On 01/08/15 06:35, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Sholla,
>
> Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 2:03:00 PM, you wrote:
>
>> I am doing a long jump from 0.21 to 0.27.4 on a fairly new system
>> with pvr-350 and the set top box.
> ..
> What is 'a fairly new system'?

well,

the mainboard is  mini-itx  Intel D510MO Atom  (circa 2010)
kernel 3.13.10 i686
distribution is built from source using Yocto framework

>  Does it perchance involve pulseaudio?

I specifically intended to exclude systemd and pulseaudio. After
seeing your response I checked..

root at d510mo:/# find . -name "*pulse*"
./home/mythtv/.config/pulse
./usr/lib/libpulse.so.0
./usr/lib/libpulse.so.0.17.3
./usr/lib/pulseaudio
./usr/lib/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-5.0.so

Obviously something is pulling in pulseaudio as a dependency, most
likely QT4. I need to verify this.

Many people in the forum had pointed out that mythtv disables
pulseaudio when it is running.  So I am puzzled (anyway, I do not need
pulseaudio and will remove it)

Thanks for pointing out this one..