[mythtv-users] Cost effective front-end/back-end combo

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Jan 6 20:43:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 12:57 PM, LC Mac <lchristina26 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to record 1 or two shows at a time, I don't require a separate
> front and back end. Does anyone have suggestions on the most cost effective
> device to use for my mythbuntu setup? I am not looking for something
> pretty, but I don't want to spend more than $150. Maybe this isn't possible?

You haven't given us any information on your location or what you want to
record (digital OTA via antenna, digital satellite/OTA via DVB, analog via
cable, digital/analog via STB etc). Before anyone could even begin to
answer the question we would need more information. We would also need to
know what components you already have (computer, hard drives, networking
gear) versus what you would need to buy.

Tom