[mythtv-users] HDHR Orphaned Recording Tasks

Jeff Preston jpreston at longlines.com
Mon Jan 5 21:49:16 UTC 2015

I am hoping someone can help with this and it is my own lack of knowledge that is at fault.

I have an HDHR prime and once in a while there is some interference with recordings. Mainly when my wife or son uses DLNA to tune stations on one of my TV's...which grabs one of the tuners...which MythTV doesn't like. I end up with truncated recordings and some zero byte recordings.

The problem comes when I look at the upcoming recordings. It looks like all the failed recording tasks are still listed and active...when they clearly are not (only 3 tuners and are were idle at that tine). I try to delete them, but they hang around like the smell of rotten meat ...

Is there any way of getting rid of them?

Also...is there any way of preventing this from happening? There should be some way for MythTV to check the status of the tuners before it jumps in and tries (and fails) ti use a tuner.

Thanks.

Jeff