[mythtv-users] Select best audio track by default

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jan 5 17:48:40 UTC 2015

On 05/01/15 15:02, Peter Carlsson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Here in Sweden digital TV is often broadcasted with 5.1 audio.
>
> However, when I play a recording it is always in 2.0 and when I select
> auto detection of best audio it always says it is upmixing to 5.1.
>
> The message implies that it is not selecting the actual 5.1 track, but
> instead is upmixing 2.0 to 5.1, which is not what I want. I want it to
> select the best available audio track by default.
>
> Is there something in my configuration that is wrong?
>
> Best regards,
> Peter Carlsson

I've forgotten, or probably never knew, how the default audio track is
selected, but you should be able to switch during playback using
NEXTAUDIO, + by default, or perhaps SELECTAUDIO_0, SELECTAUDIO_1, no
default, in Frontend setup > Edit Keys > TV Playback.  And there are
scripts that will drop selected audio channels if you're prepared to
'transcode' first.

I suppose there might be a frontend override setting...