[mythtv-users] HLS Transcoding failing for all file types except .mp4

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:48:36 UTC 2015

I am looking for some confirmation that this is occurring on other backends.

Open http://backend_ip:6544 in your browser
Navigate to API -> Examples -> HTTP Live Streaming
Click List Recordings
Find a .mpg recording and click the Add Stream button
Then look in your streaming storage group directory at the .ts files, mine
are all 0 byte, which produces a bad stream and fails to play.

The same also occurs for a .mkv file in my video library.

However, a .mp4 file in my video library produces a watchable stream and
the .ts files all contain data (not 0 byte files).

My system is a fresh install of Mythbuntu 14.04.1 running mythtv .27 with
the update repository enabled.

I am looking for users other than mythbuntu as I have already confirmed
similar behavior is happening on another mythbuntu system that is not mine.

Thanks for your help.
Dan