[mythtv-users] Issues with my HDHomerun: Resource temporarily unavailable

Mythtv - SIlicondust mythtv at silicondust.com
Sun Jan 4 19:48:58 UTC 2015

>The short answer is you'll be OK (but see my assumption below).

Nick here from Silicondust...

Please use a high quality 5V regulated switching power supply, >= 1A rating
(most common are 2A which is fine), 2.1mm inner-diameter plug (not 2.5mm),
center positive wiring.

Using a non 5V or non regulated power supply may damage the HDHomeRun.
Using a low quality/noisy 5V power supply may affect performance.
Recommend not sharing a 5V power supply with multiple devices.

Following the thread - I looked up the mythtv source code - the error
suggests the machine is unable to connect to the HDHomeRun unit.
This could suggest a network issue or issue with the HDHomeRun unit.

An interesting test would be to set up a script that runs the following
every 2 seconds and log it to a file:
hdhomerun_config <device id> get /tuner0/debug

1) You will be able to see if the command fails at the same time mythtv
fails.
2) If/when the command starts working again it should say "stop=<n>" which
may hint as to why it stopped.

Nick