[mythtv-users] tv_grab_huro regularly fails

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 15:55:39 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2 January 2015 at 16:57, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I also keep an XMLTV mirror on github (which is synced often, there is
>> very low commit traffic) which you might find more useful:
>>
>> https://github.com/knowledgejunkie/XMLTV
>
> Thanks!  For the confirmation and the git repository.
>
> I tried extending the timeout on the fetches, but that didn't help.
> I'm currently testing retrying failed downloads and that seems
> promising, but more testing is required.

I'm hopeful that I've got this one solved.  I've modified
XMLTV::Get_nice to support retries, and have gone from over half the
updates failing completely, and the others missing channels, to
succeeding every time and getting all channels.

I'll post a separate message with the details and a request for
additional testers later (tomorrow, probably).

Nick, do you know the process for getting changes merged back in to
the official repository?

Thanks to Hika and Nick for their assistance.

Cheers,
Alistair