[mythtv-users] UPnP causes frontend to run at 100% CPU

Paul Netherwood pnetherwood at email.com
Sat Jan 3 21:17:20 UTC 2015

I've had to disable UPnP on my frontends using --noupnp because it causes them to run at 100% CPU which makes them slow and unresponsive.

Its enabled on my backend and it runs the UPnP server fine without affecting the CPU.

Any ideas on how I can find out what's going on? There are no errors in the logs with -v upnp except for the following line:

Jan  2 21:27:20 mythbackend mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[16247]: D CoreContext mmulticastsocketdevice.cpp:114 (writeBlock) MMulticastSocketDevice(:32): setsockopt - IP_MULTICAST_IF #012#011#011#011eno: Cannot assign requested address (99)

The rest of the log has no errors. Any thoughts?

I'd really like to fix this because I want to use the service API on the frontend but I can only use it if UPnP is enabled.

Thanks

Paul N