[mythtv-users] ECS Liva for frontend - brief report

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Jan 1 01:16:06 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> Karl Newman wrote:
>
>> So you're saying the hardware mixer controls won't work at all, even
>> outside Myth?
>>

> I don't know about outside Myth, but this was pointed out by JYA a few
> months back; and indeed it did work.

Ugh. I found the problem. My mixer device was set to the default /dev/mixer
(why is that the default? I think that's some ancient OSS crud...!) Setting
it to ALSA:default allowed it to work (software also works). But I have to
have the volume level around 80% to hear at a reasonable level (and TV
volume about 60% which would normally be blasting).

Thanks,

Karl