[mythtv-users] ECS LIVA Frontend

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 20:32:49 UTC 2015

Thank you all for the responses.  I'm really between the ECS LIVA and an
Atom board with nvidia gpu.  Only thing is the Atom one costs a lot more
than the ECS Liva.  I do have concerns with the Liva, as Phil Wild pointed
out some of the issues.

All of my content is going to be from a HDHomeRun Prime tuner with the
video in mpeg2 format that's probably interlaced and sourced from Comcast.
I'd like to transcode things on the backend to h.264, but I'll figure that
out some other day.  I also have a HDHomeRun Plus for OTA.

I tested myth on an old ION2 Zotac box I had and I was pretty happy with
the performance of it.  The only thing is that the Zotac Atom boxes are
about the same price I spent on the one I bought a few years ago.  One
would think prices would come down....but no.  The one I was looking at was
almost 300 bucks for the box plus memory and a drive.  I was then thinking
about ditching the whole thing and getting an i3 nuc....but then I would
add more for memory.

Decisions, decisions.....  If only the Atom boxes were cheaper.