[mythtv-users] python

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 13:29:43 UTC 2015

Hoi James,

> Hi
> if anybody has walked this road and has any advice then please …
> I’m trying to build a dvd on my suse backend machine.
> After finding a few python modules I got stuck. Clearly python cannot access the DB

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5298, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5165, in main
>     defaultsettings = getDefaultParametersFromMythTVDB()
>   File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py",
> line 883, in getDefaultParametersFromMythTVDB
>     cursor.execute(sqlstatement, configHostname)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/_conn_mysqldb.py", line 71, in execute
>     raise MythDBError(MythDBError.DB_RAW, e.args)
> MythTV.exceptions.MythDBError: MySQL error: not all arguments
> converted during string formatting

> Thanks anyone
> James

The error probably means it's missing a variable.
The last line in /_conn_mysqldb.py is an error handler.
Line 883 in mythburn.py is the execution of an sql statment. My guess
is configHostname is invalid, so look at ~/.mythtv/config.xml for your
hostname definition.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven