[mythtv-users] Errors in tmdb3.py

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Feb 23 13:39:45 UTC 2015

On 2/21/15 7:12 AM, Anthony Desmarais wrote:
> Hi can anyone maybe shed some light on this.
>
> I am running the latest RPM fusion version of MythTV 0.27.4-3
>
> I am seeing a lot of the following errors in my syslog:
>
> abrt-server: Not saving repeating crash in
> '/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py'
> gateway python: detected unhandled Python exception in
> '/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py'
>
> The two error lines are repeated about 180 times and it happens about
> every 12 or so hours. Aside from polluting the syslog it also points
> to something being wrong.
>
> Does anyone know what may cause this? I googled the error and it has
> been mentioned before but that post changed direction and never seems
> to have resolved this error.
My guess would be that either Python itself was upgraded or one of its
dependencies is no longer present. The easiest way to diagnose this is
to run:

   /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t

If that reports "Everything appears in order," then try running it with
a real query and see if you get any error messages.