[mythtv-users] cannot restore database

Philip Brady phil.brady at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 19:50:20 UTC 2015

> Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 11:18:55 -0600
> From: keemllib at gmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] cannot restore database
>
> On 02/21/2015 10:53 AM, UB40D wrote:
> > I hate when they give you a relative path in the error message. Where the
> > hell is that ./mythconverg/ it can't rmdir? Is it that it can't rmdir
> > because it doesn't have permission to it, or because it's not there? If the
> > latter, what's the bit of database that still exists when the script fails
> > to create the database?
> >
> > find / -name mythconverg -print
> >
> > gives nothing (other than the usual annoying bunch of "permission denied"
> > on /proc etc)
>
> Because the directory is owned and only read/write by user mysql. If you
> do a: sudo before the find, you'll see it. Or, the following will tell
> you where it is:
>
>      $ cd /etc/mysql;grep datadir my.cnf conf.d/*
>
>        my.cnf:datadir = /var/lib/mysql
>
> --
> Bill
> ___
Do the database parameters
in ~/.mythtv/config.xml and /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml match?

Did you try a database
repair first?

/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl

Where is your backup?   It might be specified in /home/phil/.mythtv/backuprc

I stop backend first and specify
the directory like this:

sudo stop mythtv-backend

/usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl\

      --drop_database --create_database\

      --directory /var/lib/mythtv/db_backups\

      --filename
mythconverg-1214-20080626150513.sql.gz