[mythtv-users] cannot restore database

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:15:21 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 2:29 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> On 21/02/15 13:52, UB40D wrote:
>>
>> Does it make sense to have to repair the tables before dropping the
>> database or am I on the wrong trail?
>>

> There doesn't seem much point in repairing it before dropping.   From:
>
> /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl
>
> ( and mythconverg_restore --help   (?) )
>
> If you are replacing an existing database,
> you must first drop the old database. You may do this using the mysql
> client
> executable by issuing the command:
>
> # mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS mythconverg;"
>
> (fix the database name and username, as required). Then, execute the mc.sql
> script as described in the MythTV HOWTO ( http://www.mythtv.org/docs/ ) to
> prepare a new (empty) database.

Thanks. I shall now attempt to follow your instructions, however from
reading the wiki docs of mythconverg_restore, which I had done before
posting, it seemed that the --drop-database and --create-database options
would do just that. I am not sure I understand why it should work manually
but not from the restore script. Let's see.