[mythtv-users] HDHR4-2US can't record using both tuners

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Feb 20 20:10:27 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My understanding (experts out there correct me if I'm wrong) is that the
> destination ports for the HDHR are random while the source ports are fixed,

This is standard.  The client side ports are typically random and the
server side ports are fixed.  When a server sends a packet to the
client, the destination is therefor random while the source is fixed.
A web browser/web server combination would be the same.  When a web
server sends a packet to your browser, the destination port is random.
Typically, a firewall is configured to allow packets in based on
tracking connections, not source ports.

Eric