[mythtv-users] 3 tuners in 1 device versus 2 broadcast sources

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Fri Feb 20 19:56:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Doug Lytle wrote:

>> On Feb 20, 2015, at 1:50 PM, James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
>> sources: one ATSC cable, and the other OTA. Since there is only one
>
> The HDHR3-CC doesn't support ATSC

Thanks for the clarification, Doug. I think I made a mistake in describing
the sources: I think ATSC would be the OTA broadcasting source, while the
cable would be (clear) QAM/NTSC. These acronyms and their meanings get
confusing--how do you guys keep track of them? The whole thing is pretty
far removed from what I do in my day-to-day existence so, despite the fact
that when I make forays into Myth matters I gain some understanding of
them, that quickly dissipates when I get back to real life.