[mythtv-users] Possible to have duplicate (but slightly-different) schedulesdirect lineup?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 01:23:12 UTC 2015

On 2/19/15 7:52 PM, Will Dormann wrote:
> On 2/19/15 9:44 AM, Karl Newman wrote:
>> The way I do it is to use a lineup from a neighboring city to
>> distinguish channels between my STB and DTA.
>

> I had considered this, but I think I stopped when I noticed that the
> local channels were (obviously) differently-named.    But I guess the
> name is irrelevant if they are the same type of channel?  (e.g. NBC is NBC)

Actually, now that I think about it...  If I have two similar lineups
from different cities, does that mean that my program guide will:

1) Nearly double in size?
2) Only have duplicate entries for channels that have different callsigns?
3) Remain the same size?

The more that I think about it, perhaps setting the overall priority of
the inputs (the one that gets all the channels is preferred) and also
setting the per-schedule properties of premium-channel content to prefer
using the input that gets all channels is perhaps the way to go.

-WD