[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 20:29:09 UTC 2015

 I'm thinking of swapping my raging PVR250 card(s) for a Hauppauge HD PVR, but am a little concerned about getting the correct model.

I want to be able to connect my Virgin Media V-Plus box to it, so I seem to have a choice of the older HD-PVR, which will take, I think, a composite connection or the newer HD PVR2, which will take an HDMI connection.

Of the two, the older HD -PVR would seem to be the best supported, but there do seem to be different models numbers in each HD-PVR range.

Is there anyone using the HD-PVR in the UK with the Virgin Media V-Plus box that can advise me?

Another option would be to swap the PVR250 for a PCI-E adapter - any recommendations here?

Regards,

Dave.