[mythtv-users] anyone h.264 transcoding? want to share your magic?

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 15:17:36 UTC 2015

On 02/15/2015 08:37 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> And when I play in mythavtest it now thinks this 30 minute file is
> only 10 minutes log when Mplayer is perfectly capable of playing the
> full 30 minutes long. b.

I think I may know what the problem is. The rebuilding of the seek table
messes up the recording duration in myth tv. I solve it with the
following code in my transcode script. That figure in recordedmarkup
gets an incorrect value for the length of the recording and mythtv uses
it to determine the length.

                    mythcommflag --rebuild  --chanid "$chanid"
--starttime "$starttime" || echo Return Code is $?
                    # Fix duration
                    duration=`mediainfo '--Inform=Video;%Duration%'
"$storagedir/$realfile"` || echo Return Code is $?
                    if [[ "$duration" == "" ]] ; then
                        echo "Error no duration found for $file"
                    else
                        echo "update recordedmarkup set data =
'$duration' " \
                            "where chanid = '$chanid' and starttime =
'$starttime' and type = '33' and mark = '0';" | \
                        $mysqlcmd
                    fi

Peter