[mythtv-users] Can you display total file size with "There are 10 recordings in this display group"?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Feb 14 02:19:37 UTC 2015

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 21:24:42 +0000, you wrote:

>On 13 February 2015 at 20:43, Frank Phillips <frankalso at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 1:36 PM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to add a total file size with the text "There are 10
>>> recordings in this display group"?
>>>
>>> I am using Mythbuntu 12.04 updated to MythTV 0.26.2-1.
>>>
>>> Is there something I can add to the theme that would result in something
>>> like "There are 10 recordings in this display group using 27GB space"
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> From what I can tell the second hunk of this commit added it, which went
>> into 0.23:
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/e8af4c52064141d79df2b7fd8e58a99cbc72d91e
>>
>>  It's something that is hardcoded into the description box. I get the
>> expected text in blue-abstract and Mythbuntu themes, what theme are you
>> having this problem with?
>>
>> It's something that is hardcoded into the description box. I get the
>expected text in blue-abstract
>>and Mythbuntu themes, what theme are you having this problem with?
>
>I am using Mythbuntu theme (26.21 - theme choser says this is the latest)
>with Ubuntu 12.04 and MythTV 0.26.2-1.
>
>If I go to Watch Recordings, hit Left to All Programmes it just lists the
>number of recordings.
>
>If I hit Down each programme title is listed with just the number of
>recordings no total filesize.
>
>I have switched to the Blue-abstract 1.10 theme and it is the same it just
>saying There are 10 recordings in this display group.
>
>Any ideas what could be wrong?
>
>Thanks

I am using a customised MythCenter-Wide 1.7 on Mythbuntu 14.04
(v0.27.4-33-g05dbcee).  I get text saying "There are 2 recordings in
this display group, which consume 4.44GB".  It seems to be displayed
in the "description" field, when you have a group of programs
selected.  Since the text comes from the mythfrontend program code,
rather than the theme, you should be seeing it in all themes as long
as the theme displays the "description" field when displaying a group
of programs.

In MythCenter-Wide 1.7, this seems to be where it is displayed from
(in the recordings-ui.xml file):

 <window name ="watchrecordings">

        <textarea name="description" from="basetextarea">
            <area>30,480,885,210</area>
            <multiline>yes</multiline>
            <scroll direction="vertical" />
            <cutdown>no</cutdown>