[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Feb 10 22:41:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/10/2015 01:59 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 15:55 +0000, Daniel Frey wrote:

>>> Also, Bill Meek has a working patch for mythtranscode that will allow it
>>> --honorcutlist if you are interested in doing HLS transcodes without
>>> commercials.
>>

>> Lol.  Commercial flagging will have to take a giant leap forwards in
>> accuracy before that will be useful.
>

> ;) Maybe not quite as funny as you'd think. There have been a number of
> users of the original app that faulted it for not allowing skipping. Most
> likely not knowing that it was mythtranscode that didn't allow for it.
>
> It appears that some users like their cut lists -- and aren't happy
> when they're not used.

But is having a cutlist the same as having commerical commercials
flagged?  I thought to get a cut list from the commercial flags, you
had to load the commercial flags in the editor and then save it as a
cutlist (presumably after fixing any mis-detections).  I would expect
that if I edit a video and save the cut list, those cuts should be
honored during HLS.

Eric