[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:44:17 UTC 2015

Hoi Daniel,

> On Tue Feb 10 2015 at 9:52:46 AM Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

>> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 1:31 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I got frustrated by the clossed thinking of the developers.
>> > 'You can get the latest if you apply!
>> > 'I do want to test, but I will never apply!
>> > So let then do their own thing!
>>
>> Are you talking about Daniel Frey's android app?
>>
>> I can't speak for him and I don't pretend to understand why he's
>> chosen the methods he's using, but this is the nature of free
>> software.  Each developer can choose a license he or she feels is
>> appropriate and distribute the work as widely or narrowly as desired.
>> Personally, I think free software works best with a release early,
>> release often, release widely model, but not everyone agrees with me.
>> If you don't want to apply to be a tester, just ignore it and move on
>> to something else.  That one app is not the only method for accessing
>> MythTV content from an Android device.  Have you tried Mobile Myth?
>>
>> Eric

> The App is currently under a pretty significant rewrite.  I posted in the
> beta test channel on g+ :
> https://plus.google.com/102972850447727031786/posts/XEfZuxdKRDv

> It is currently allows you to watch recordings and most videos that can be
> converted with HLS.  You can also trigger a HLS transcode from port 6544 in
> the browser and it will get picked up by the app for playback.

> I am not quite ready to put out an official APK at this point.  But you
> would like to try it out, you can setup Android Studio, grab the code from
> github and let me know what is working and what is not working.

> https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythtvPlayerForAndroid

> Here is a development apk on google drive.  Access should be public.  If
> you are interested in side loading it, grab it from here.  However, I will
> not be maintaining this link on an ongoing basis.

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KM23cDPRz_TFpUc0lnVW9IOEE/view?usp=sharing

> If you have any questions or issues, please post them to the github issues
> repository.  Screens are still under pretty active development and I need
> to build a directory browser for the videos.  I have also found that HLS
> does not work for my mkv files on my backend.  Not sure what is going on
> there, but something on the backend isn't producing playable HLS streams,
> even though the .ts files appear to be valid.

> This isn't an official release by any means, but if you are interested in
> trying it out, i would appreciate your feedback.

> Dan

Thanks for the link! I'll try it.

What I can tell for now with the present version:
Recording rules crashes immediately, but continues endlessly trying to
download!? I haven't yet found how to let it stop.
It won't find my backend, but if I fill in the address it works. Other
programs don't have a problem finding it.
Indeed the browser needs some more configurability. In the menu I see
only delete, which I now find a bit to easily clicked by accident!
Also the episode sorting seems a bit random. Not on recording time,
s/e numbering or alphabetically? Also it would be nice if s/e would be
shown.
In upcoming and guide I would like the color coding a bit more
prominent.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven