[mythtv-users] IR blaster recommendations?

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 14:59:35 UTC 2015

On 08/02/15 15:35, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has any recommendations on IR blasters.  @#%#! cable
> company (Rogers -- yes, everyone hates you) is encrypting everything.  I
> need to control DTAs now.

> Anyone want to make a recommendation?

This kind of feedback is always scary. That said, I'm  a long time user
of  iguanaIR [1] devices and they have never let me down.

No hands-on experience myself, but I have also heard people successfully
using the irtoy [2] and the tira [3] devices.

All these, including me, have been using lirc.

Cheers!

--alec

[1] http://www.iguanaworks.net/
[2] http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/USB_Infrared_Toy