[mythtv-users] Mythtv - backend set up, and some frontend menus not working (with Radeon 7750).

PlainFaceBoy plainfaceboy at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 22:21:10 UTC 2015

Hi - this is really a continuation of a previous post Re: Mythtv 0.27.04
kills video playback with Radeon 7750?
but my problem has changed. I'd had problems with video playback but that is
fixed, but now some menus don't work - all backend set up and some frontend
setup.

I'm using Mythtv, 0.27.04 from mythbuntu control centre PPA. I have
xorg-edgers PPA and the radeon driver from there.
Mythtv playback and records ok with frontend set up/video/playback on
normal, HQ, and all OpenGL settings.
VDPAU doesn't (as install of that failed).

....*But* my backend set-up freezes whenever I choose a menu.
Frontend menu works OK - apart from the set up -audio, -video. -general
and -appearance menus. themes, media settings ok. The show the mouse cursor,
freeze for a while (eg 10 secs) and that's it, I can select another menu, or
escape out etc.

So I have a 'sort of' working system, but now need to get the set up menus
working again?
Any ideas?