[mythtv-users] Thoughts on this pico pc?

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 22:19:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Isn't the problem the lack of audio drivers for linux? That is
> > certainly the case for other Z3736 SOC based machines like the
> > Meegopad Stick computer.
>

> You guys might also be interested in this
>

> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Petition-Started-for-Intel-Atom-Bay-Trail-Tablets-64-bit-and-Linux-Support-458872.shtml

Is this only an issue with some manufacturers or is it the newer quad core
Bay Trail that has this issue.  My ECS Liva has an older version Bay Trail,
and installing Linux on it was pretty straight forward, and sound through
HDMI works just fine.  It has a Bay Trail-M N2807.  I keep an eye on the
Livas at newegg, and I currently have 2.  The PIPO X7 looks nice in that it
has more usb ports, and the radio is already installed (Attaching the
antennas on the first one I got led to despair, the second one took about
15 minutes but with the aid of 3x reading glasses was finally successful).

Bill