[mythtv-users] asus memo pad 7

John Marshall mythtv at marshallparty.org
Tue Feb 3 20:36:53 UTC 2015

On 2/3/2015 2:11 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 11:49 PM, jacek burghardt
> <jaceksburghardt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well you guys had forgotten the best front end for mythtv kodi.
>
> Using the mythbox add-on?  I gave it a whirl and it just exits with an
> error about not being able to find usable scratch space in /tmp,
> /var/tmp, or /usr/tmp.

No, that's out of date.  Get the new add-on from the PVR category in the
add-ons menu, or try the new services-based version:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198833

Kodi does indeed work well as a frontend, but the problem with using it
on a tablet is decoding support.  Unless your device has hardware
decoding available in Kodi you'll have a tough time playing back HD
recordings, especially 1080i, and there's no support for on-the-fly
transcoding like there is with Plex or the Myth android app (at least
that I know of in the standard PVR interface).