[mythtv-users] audio goes out of sync

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 19:47:28 UTC 2015

On 02/02/15 15:22, Phil Wild wrote:

>         Stopping and starting the playback of a recording temporarily
>         resolves
>         until the drift becomes noticable
>
>     If that's so then your problem must, by definition, be in the
>     playback parameters in that frontend.
>
>     I would go through everything there with a fine tooth comb to see
>     what could be causing the problem. It may be something as simple as
>     video sync methods or making sure you have real-time interrupts (or
>     whatever it's called these days).
>
>     Don't assume it is the audio at fault. Perhpas the audio is good and
>     the video is at fault.
>
>     --
>
>     Mike Perkins
>

> Thanks Mike,
>
> Yep, not blaming the audio at all. As this is happening on an ECS Liva
> board, I was hoping someone else has seen this, or hasn't and can share
> their settings.
> Cheers

Hi Phil,

What frame rate is your display set to?  I have issues if I set the
display rate to 50Hz even though all my recordings are 25/50 fps.  The
effect I was seeing/hearing seems similar to you.  Pausing playback
would fix it but skipping in any way would cause the audio to go out of
sync.

I have no idea why but I have to leave all frame rate settings at Auto
or 60Hz.  If I try 50Hz, I get the sync problems again.

Might be worth checking (I also found about three different ways to set
the frame rate on my system.  For example, even though I set frame rate
to auto in the nVidia settings, I'd obviously fiddled with it in the
Mythbuntu display settings as well, which overrode the nVidia settings).

See also:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/522376#522376

Richard.