[mythtv-users] MythTV on Raspberry PI 2...

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Feb 3 18:51:16 UTC 2015

On 03/02/15 18:15, airdrummer wrote:
> Mike Perkins wrote:
>
>> My admittedly brief reading of the announcement indicated that the video support
>> was only rudimentary and was intended more for devices like LCD screens. i.e.
>> the RPi 2 would not be used as a general-purpose platform but more in the nature
>> of, say, a control unit in an elevator (lift) or a weighing machine for
>> supermarket vegetables.
>
> my reading gave the impression that lcd support would come later, as it has hdmi

I was referring to the Windows 10 support, not the device itself.

I would guess that what you get is the 'core' of Windows 10, which would be
designed to be used across the range of devices Microsoft expects to support in
future. It's the old 'write once, run anywhere' idea.

On this device, I would think it would be used similar to Windows CE, as I
believe they are aiming at the 'Internet of Things'.

--

Mike Perkins